Paul says to the Corinthians that we should not be unaware of Satan’s schemes (2Cor2:11) and that we should stand against the schemes of the devil (Eph6:11).
So take the time to think into the enemy’s camp.
- Who – in your ministry – would they most want to attack?
- Who are the most vulnerable in your ministry?
- What would be good targets in this season?
- How would satan be most likely to trap and ensnare your people?
- What weaknesses of yours would satan most likely leverage against you and your ministry?
- What are the best ways to fight these spiritual battles?
This is what makes ministry so hard. Your people are the front line in a war that brings a fate worse than death – hell. No wonder Paul lists out all his “worldly” troubles and then says they’re nothing compared to his daily anxiety for the churches (2Cor12).