Some Christians will “humbly” say they can’t do this or they can’t take on that because they feel they don’t have the required skills. This presents an opportunity to pastor them:
- Jesus designed them with gifts to serve the body – maybe they do have those gifts – they just don’t know it yet?
- Jesus uses people to get his work done. It’s not your work, it’s Jesus’ work.
- People are too important to not let some things happen. Love for people drives us to do things we don’t feel equipped to do.
- Do parents feel equipped to be parents? No!
- This is an opportunity to trust God more than your trust your skills.
- Does this display a human-centric view of service and Christianity? Does God need you to be good-enough to serve him? No!
- Are you potentially afraid of what might happen? If it goes badly? If it goes well?